Repair Corrupt SQL Database Files
MS SQL Server Database stores data in the form of tables, columns, views, triggers, indexes, constraints and stored procedures. And, the file used to store the data is called primary data file which has .MDF extension. You must know about MDF files as they store user’s data and other crucial information. And, any kind of damage to MDF files can cause database corruption.
Primary SQL Database files are likely to get corrupted due to many reasons including abrupt system shut down, media contamination, SQL server downtime, reformatting of partitions, internal program errors, hard drive failure, virus attacks and non-association between database files. MDF file corruption can cause a major problem for system administrators in accessing database.
To keep internal & external information exchange going, you need to repair corrupt SQL Database or say primary files of SQL database (MDF). Although you can restore the entire database from backup files but what if you don’t have a backup?
Methods to perform SQL Repair:
- Manual Method You can use ‘DBCC CHECKDB’ and run the program ‘DBCC CHECKDB WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS, NO_INFOMSGS’ to troubleshoot the probable errors and repair the corrupt or damaged MDF files. However, you need to know that this method doesn’t work if the files are severely corrupted. You need a professional SQL Repair tool for severe SQL database corruption issues.
- Third-party Software Using a professional SQL Repair software is the best way to resolve all SQL Database corruption issues. Kernel Data Recovery offers the best SQL Database Repair tool. It is programmed with QFSCI algorithm which helps accurate and complete recovery of corrupt SQL database. Furthermore, it can recover deleted records and provides option to save them in a separate file. It also recovers other database objects including unique keys, primary keys, tables, triggers, stored procedures, views, indexes and foreign keys accurately.
The tool also restores all properties, default values, rule checks and user data types after recovery. The SQL Repair utility is good enough to recover large size MDF files and offers an interactive interface.
- Can recover multiple MDF files simultaneously to restore SQL Database working
- Takes minimum time for recovery of all SQL Database items
- Offers preview of all recovered SQL database files before saving them
- Offers two data saving modes – SQL Server mode and Batch file mode
- Carries a user-friendly GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Supports all versions of SQL server i.e., 2000, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005, 2012 and 2014
- Generates backup of restored databases in script form
- Recovers .DBF (Secondary files of SQL Database) files within few minutes
- Works well with all versions of Windows OS including latest Windows 10
There are some basic requirements that your system needs to fulfill to install SQL Repair software successfully. Here they are:
- Pentium class processor
- Minimum 64 MB RAM (the more the better)
- 50 MB of space for Software installation
- Hard Drive Space - Enough space to save the recovered files